2nd Annual Southern Bioenergy Networks Meeting
December 4-5, 2012
Marion Berry Renewable Energy Center
Mid-South Community College
West Memphis, Arkansas
The Southern Bioenergy Networks Meeting will be a collection of leaders representing state and regional renewable and bioenergy-advocacy organizations. The Southeast Agriculture and Forest Energy Resources (SAFER) Alliance and the 25x’25 Alliance is convening this one day meeting to bring together leaders of the region’s bioenergy networks with the purpose of:
- Examining the impact of federal policy on local project development.
- Assessing trends within the industry and how to adjust our focus.
- Preparing for changes in the industry as viewed by leaders of the bioeconomy.
- Learning about the latest bioenergy research, development and commercial deployment.
- Collaborating with other Southern networks to achieve state and regional goals.
SBN Agenda (updated November 7, 2012)
PowerPoints from several of the day’s presentations are available below:
- Dr. Glen Fenter, President, Mid-South Community College
- Matthew Markee, President, Recast Energy (443 KB)
- Nathan McClure, Chief Forester, Georgia Forestry Commission (4,946 KB)
- Joel Murdock, Managing Director, FedEx Express Strategic Projects (945 KB)
- Tim Rials, Southeastern Partnership for Integrated Biomass Supply Systems, Center for Renewable Carbon (43,044 KB)
- Eric Smith, Associate Director, Energy Institute, Tulane University (2,535 KB)
If you have questions, please contact Brent Bailey.